Center for Proteins in Memory, PROMEMO, is a spin-off center of DANDRITE – The Danish Research Institute of Translational Neuroscience at Aarhus University. PROMEMO is funded by the Danish National Research Foundation.
The core researchers of PROMEMO are all related to or directly part of DANDRITE:
- Prof. Anders Nykjaer, Director of PROMEMO, Core Group Leader at DANDRITE
- Prof. Poul Nissen, Director of DANDRITE, Core Group Leader at DANDRITE
- Assoc. Prof. Sadegh Nabavi, Group Leader at DANDRITE
- Assoc. Prof. Hanne Poulsen, Team Leader at DANDRITE
- Ass. Prof. Magnus Kjaergaard, Affiliated Researcher at DANDRITE
- Prof. Marco Capogna, Affiliated Researcher at DANDRITE
The aim of PROMEMO is to identify and understand the function of memory associated proteins that determines the persistence of a memory. In a longer perspective, understanding memory-associated proteins may help identifying molecular targets for memory-associated disorders such as anxiety, depression, and dementia.